Club Land Rover Ireland
June 21, 2018, 02:41:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: CVRT  (Read 1090 times)
Michaeldru
Registered Guest

« on: June 21, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »

Hi all,
Just a short story of my last 3 day adventure at a number of CVRT Test Centers, this experience may help others!
I brought my 2007 Puma 90 Hard Top to my usual Centre on Monday 19th June, as I have for past 10 years.
Failed on breaks...showing 46.83% and needs 55% min.
I was however concerned that Landy showed a 200 kg total weight increase since last year?Huh? Why?
It was showing a total weight of 2347kg and last year it was 1928?
The 'failure' was due to being too 'heavy' yet I knew nothing had been added to the car.
I took car to weigh bridge which gave 2060.
I then went to other CVRT centre which confirmed first but a weight of 2119?
None of this seemed to add up and I could see no reason why the car failed with fully serviced breaks and was well below Design Weight.
One guy in centre suggested I take off as much as possible from it, run down fuel and re present!
I did not want to be driving about with unsafe vehicle.
I went to another CVRT used by LR main dealership ....... weight now 1801 and Performance 78%!!! This was on Wednesday 21st.
Went back to original centre who put it back on 3 times and got same result ie fail. I told them I fully expected that as it was the same machine!
They put it on the main truck scales and it came in at 1800kg and well above the 55% required.
They then told me they had failed 3 Defenders in the 3 days but would recall them.
I hope you find this interesting.
Report to moderator   Logged
Doyler
Regular Guest

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »

From what I can gather from your post you have FIVE different weights depending on where you go !!! Now that is scary. Does nobody check these things?
Report to moderator   Logged

Not off-roading your land rover is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more desirable for her next boyfriend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: