Club Land Rover Ireland
June 21, 2018, 08:18:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best Landrover Garage in Ireland  (Read 20362 times)
Fiddler
Regular Guest

'05 Freelander,'87 Def 90,'83 Series III, 06 Disco

« on: March 16, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »

Just out of idle curosity and madness, I was wondering if people would like to provide suggestions for the best garage in Ireland..... Categories are sales, price, servicing/knowhow and after-sales service in the probable event (they are landrovers after all) of a fault.

I'm suggesting AutoBoland on the Limerick road in Waterford. Long drive for me to get a landy but well worth the trip.

Sales......                      8/10
Price.......                      7/10
Servicing/knowhow        9/10
After-sales service        10/10  (so far !  Wink )
Report to moderator   Logged

Let there be you, let there be me,
Let there be 90's pulling the LR3,
Let there be Freelanders, Range-Rover's & love,
But first of all pleaseeeee.. let there be mud.... MMMM
tomaxcars
Regular Guest

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:03:49 PM »

Hi,

Yeah, I would agree with most of what you say. I also use Autoboland in Waterford and find it to be a very professionally run garage.

Sales : 8/10
Price : 6/10
Servicing Knowhow: 7/10
After sales service: 9/10

The only problem that I have found is that more often than not I have to pinpoint any fault as they don't seem to be that good at diagnosing problems. My father has found the same thing aswell. He runs a 4.6 range rover and he has been back to them numerous times with a cooling issue that they seem unable to solve, despite a top hose obviously leaking onto the rocker cover.
I think the problem is that they haven't had the Land rover franchise for that long, and they maybe need more time to understand the Landies.

But I would still recommend them to anyone as it is the most professionally run car dealer I have come across, of any marque.

Also, on another note, I think I may have met you at autobolands a short while ago. You had a freelander in for service, I was in a deep red hardback 90. We chatted for a while about off roading etc. You said that you also had a 90.
Maybe it was you, maybe not.

Tom

1983 2 Door RRC 300tdi - "Roger"
1998 3 Door Discovery 3.9 V8 - "Derek"
1973 2 Door RRC 3.5V8 - Tuscan Blue
Fiddler
Regular Guest

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 01:45:45 PM »

Ya, I remember now !  There was a broken lever for opening the bonnet on your 90. Small world. Actually now I remember you telling me about your Dad's rangy.

Nice 90 by the way.

tomaxcars
Regular Guest

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 02:09:53 PM »

Hi Fiddler,

Indeed. A small world.

I had a feeling for a while that it was you, just from your posts and knowing your location etc.

Cool

Tom

1983 2 Door RRC 300tdi - "Roger"
1998 3 Door Discovery 3.9 V8 - "Derek"
1973 2 Door RRC 3.5V8 - Tuscan Blue
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 02:14:56 PM »

I had a feeling for a while that it was you, just from your posts and knowing your location etc.

Yep. The one and only.    :D  
Fiddler
Regular Guest

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 02:16:21 PM »

Yep. The one and only.    :D
ok that was me.. I forgot to log in. rolleyes  

Clunk
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 02:35:22 PM »

seems the personnal preference if your around the Dublin area would be Peters German Garage just up from Saggart.

clunk
LandyLiam
Regular Guest

Liam Smyth www.team-blrc.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »

well my vote goes to andrew and marty at blrc (assuming you mean the whole island)
its the only landy garage i've ever been to because they always have everything i need whether its new or used or just some advice

Sales : 9/10
Price : 8/10
Servicing Knowhow: 9/10
After sales service: 9/10

Eamonn Mooney
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 12:58:56 AM »

Liam,

I have been to BLRC and have bought various items. In fact, I currently have four pistons, engine bearings and a complete engine gasket set ordered from them. I cannot fault their service but I do find issue with their prices. It would appear that the prices at BLRC are, on average, 20% higher than those advertised in the UK generally but as they are the only decent supplier available without going overseas they get the business. Although this is a criticism, I am buying from them because of the sterling service and at the end of the day it's the service that counts because soon after the price is paid it's forgotten (at least for me it is - is there something wrong with me?). I would therefore wholeheartedly reccomend them (do the high prices pay for the rather isolated location?).

E Smiley  
LandyLiam
Regular Guest

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 09:21:17 AM »

if you're in NILRC you get discount at BLRC so maybe thats why I find their prices ok, do CLRI not get a discount?

Andrew
----------
Regular Guest

Bigger, faster, and more orange..

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 10:37:33 AM »

if you're in NILRC you get discount at BLRC so maybe thats why I find their prices ok, do CLRI not get a discount?
We should do.  Maybe Eamonn forgot to show them his CLRI sticker before paying  cheesy  

S2a + V8 = Fun!
Eamonn Mooney
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 12:21:44 AM »

Too true Sad

I did forget to flash my CLRI membership.

E
LandyLiam
Regular Guest

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 12:29:07 AM »

so what discount does CLRI get?

Nidge Ninety
Regular Guest

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 11:22:29 PM »

Just A Though !?!  Wink .......But should the forum introduce a new category .. entitled " The Meeting Room or a Chat Room ". When I was reading the communication between Helena and Tom it was like a scene out of Sleepless in Seatle ;-) it only stopped short of "our eyes met across a crowded Garage full of muddy Landies ... Ok ... maybe not !! But Helena you may wanna be careful, cos that L 90 that you were complimenting..... is completely sound proofed in the back and is covered from top to toe in alcantara ... now what do you suppose goes on in there !!Huh?!! huh
 On a different subject ... Did the "plate" make it's way down to Waterford and does it fit Huh? ( that bit is ment for Tom )

Happy E-mailing  Smiley
                            Nidge Ninety

Land Rovers till I die!
T-Rex
Regular Guest

RR Sports Coupe One of a Hundred...

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 09:11:31 PM »

Thanks Nigel, I was enjoying their banter, best read ive had since I was confined to my room with only a Mills and Boons novel ( belonging to my mother honestly) Long time ago alas  smiley  Now where did I put that book ? :D  :D  

U just cant kill a Series iii. But u can hurt them !
Land Rover.. It does exactly what it says on the Tin Badge !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: