Club Land Rover Ireland
June 21, 2018, 08:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new rules for taxing commercial vehicles.  (Read 19487 times)
Leon
Regular Guest

Leon

« on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »

FFS
Heard tis on the news this morning and found it discussed here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056002732

I really do wonder how legitimate people are going to renew their commercial tax without a VAT no.
Does this also mean that one will not be allowed to take your commercial truck to the beach/shopschurch etc and park it up over weekends?
Report to moderator   Logged

Her job is to bitch.
Mine is to give her a reason.
Nidge Ninety
Regular Guest

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »

Yup! That's what our illustrious government are suggesting! No use outside work-related driving.

It's the last nail in the coffin for me....

WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!

For Gods' sake!...the sooner that Europe takes over this country and runs it properly, the better!!!

Nidge

Land Rovers till I die!
Leon
Regular Guest

Leon

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »

Well, without filling in this form, and handing it in, one can not get his motor tax renewed http://www.donegalcoco.ie/NR/rdonlyres/03A0C311-E1A2-4747-85BC-7F559CF4EEB6/0/RF111AGoodsOnlyDeclaration.pdf

Under the changes, owners of all commercial 4X4s will have to sign a new Goods Only Declaration in a garda station. They will have to state the vehicle will not be used "at any time for social, domestic or pleasure purposes".

If they sign the declaration and subsequently get caught by gardai using the vehicle for shopping, going to Mass or dropping children off at school -- or any other private run -- they will face fines and possibly prison.

Alternatively, they will have to pay an average of €1,204 instead of the reduced rate of €288 for commercial motor tax.

In the directive -- issued to local authorities on August 10 last -- motor tax officials are told to insist that all owners of commercial vehicles sign the revised RF111A declaration.

It also states it had come to officials' attention that an increasing number of vehicles had been switched from private to commercial for motor tax.

The councils are told to look for the declaration to be completed and for a more thorough assessment of existing declarations. This requires the owners to provide a tax clearance cert, their VAT registration details, commercial insurance certificate or other business registration detail.

Her job is to bitch.
surfari
Regular Guest

Ooops!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

Oh yes our "green minister" wants to make sure people have more cars than they need! looking at the form is says its only needed if the unladen weight is less than 1524kg I wonder if this will be the same every where? I can't see how it will be enforceable, maybe the Gaurds will follow you to make sure you are on business   We'll have to set up the CLRI as a company and we can all be directors, our business, driving land rovers of course Grin Grin

Mal
Alex
Regular Guest

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

what they really need to do is get rid of the type approval for a comercial vehicle ... In UK any vehicle can be registered as a commercial, (ie a sales rep car is commercial even if it has 7 seats) but only by a commercial enterprise. also you can get private insurance etc on a van ... it's all based on USE of vehicle not TYPE. (unless they've changed that since I was there Wink )
And they don't give a toss if you wanna do the school run in your rep car so long as you're insured to do it.

This country needs to stop looking at MOTOR tax as a source of revenue for the country and only be looking at it for road improvements and repairs. If they need more revenue look at a real source of income and stop trying to hide where it's coming from!!!
I also heard they're about to put ANOTHER tax on fuel to raise revenue! again nothing to do with carbon emmissions etc just general money for the coffers .... enough to bring one to dispair

'We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.'
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
Alex
Regular Guest

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:55:58 AM »

Oh yes our "green minister" wants to make sure people have more cars than they need! looking at the form is says its only needed if the unladen weight is less than 1524kg I wonder if this will be the same every where? I can't see how it will be enforceable, maybe the Gaurds will follow you to make sure you are on business   We'll have to set up the CLRI as a company and we can all be directors, our business, driving land rovers of course Grin Grin

Mal

So landrovers are fine then ....  rolleyes

'We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.'
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
Leon
Regular Guest

Leon

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:41 PM »

So landrovers are fine then ....  rolleyes

Good one Alex.
Wonder what they are going to say about that - surely one can't sign the form as the unladen weight of my td5 110 is over 1872kg. I do not want to make false declerations now do we......   Shocked  rolleyes

Her job is to bitch.
22hornet
Regular Guest

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

they are only enforcing a law that is already there , but has been largely ignored up until now
any commecial vehicle is only taxed to be used as that , not as a social/dometic and pleasure vehicle ,so at the end of the day be thankfull that we  have got away with it for so long, but i think the end is nigh for the likes of the commercial double cab and commercial 110 5 seaters as the only option will be now to re vrt them and pay the correct ammount of road tax is 938 instead of 288 the trouble with that is the resale value of them will bomb in a major way
Geoff
Regular Guest

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

heard on the radio that this is only on newly registered commercial vehicles, don't know how true that is tho, hoping it is anyways
Bogtrotting Boy
Regular Guest

110 County, 90 pick up, Series III, RRC

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »

Looks like the govt are denying it so it must be true...  http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0824/breaking51.html

Here's the key paragraph from that story.

However, it acknowledged a circular issued to motor tax offices this month contained a change in the requirements for proof that the applicant was engaged in commercial activity.

The change required the applicant should produce their Revenue registration identity number, to confirm they had a business registered for tax purposes, when taxing a commercial vehicle for the first time.

Looks like existing vehicles are going to be OK and that the change won't be retrospectively applied but that's probably a matter of time. I'm guessing that it will apply to 2nd hand vehicles being imported into the state.

When we all end up back in the 1900's riding horses again I'm sure we'll have to pay VRT and road tax on them too.

I'm not sure if I can run that far, so I'm going to run it to find out.
Wex
Regular Guest

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »

I'll be paying my roadtax at my local coco office but this time it'll be in one cent pieces in a polybag.

I'd love to see some sort of organisation on the go for everyday commercial drivers , something akin to the RHA.Sadly everyone will condemn for a week then roll over for the greens & finefailers to **** us in another position.
The Monkey
Regular Guest

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »

I'll be paying my roadtax at my local coco office but this time it'll be in one cent pieces in a polybag.

I'd love to see some sort of organisation on the go for everyday commercial drivers , something akin to the RHA.Sadly everyone will condemn for a week then roll over for the greens & finefailers to **** us in another position.

Correct and right. Nation of pushovers  protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest protest
22hornet
Regular Guest

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »

Looks like the govt are denying it so it must be true...  http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0824/breaking51.html

Here's the key paragraph from that story.

However, it acknowledged a circular issued to motor tax offices this month contained a change in the requirements for proof that the applicant was engaged in commercial activity.

The change required the applicant should produce their Revenue registration identity number, to confirm they had a business registered for tax purposes, when taxing a commercial vehicle for the first time.

Looks like existing vehicles are going to be OK and that the change won't be retrospectively applied but that's probably a matter of time. I'm guessing that it will apply to 2nd hand vehicles being imported into the state.

When we all end up back in the 1900's riding horses again I'm sure we'll have to pay VRT and road tax on them too.
no  it's to apply to ALL commercial vehicles now when applying for road tax renewal Basa
Richie
Regular Guest

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

The Green Party
Inbred,communist,prius drivin,tree hugging,steal the last coin out of your pocket, shower of CU@TS!!!!!
The can kiss my Hoop if they think they are getting more road tax out of me.........

I have a massive throbbing helmet
Richie
Regular Guest

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »

How the Fook are they going to get the money out of Gypos for example???
World gone mad

I have a massive throbbing helmet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: