Author Topic: June event  (Read 10984 times)

Eamonn Mooney

June event
« on: May 30, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »
Hi all,

Now that the May event is under our belts it is time to look forwrd to the June bash. This one is going to sort out the drivers from the bluffers as we are going to set up some kind of challenging route. This will have to be planned before the day so that it can be set up quickly on the morning of the event (if we set it up the week, or day, before someone might vandalise the markers).

A properly planned challenge could be re-set in minutes.

Does anyone have experience of this type of event and want to help plan it? All offers gladly accepted - post here please.

Eamonn

Offline Deco

• CLRI Member 2017
  • Regular Guest
June event
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »
I'll go down to give a hand if you give a bit of notice. buzz me on 087 6181812

steve

June event
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:45:30 PM »
Hi Eamon
 Just an idea, but you could have it up in Todds Leap. we have plenty of experince at these events and it could be set up a week or two before. If you want i could set out 3 or 4 RTV sections for every ont til have a go at. A Few prizes and a camping weekend could be on the cards. Again its Just an idea.
 Regards Steve. :D  

Eamonn Mooney

June event
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 05:31:16 PM »
Steve,

Sounds good but would it cost? because it sounds to me as if money is required. The idea behind having the event in the forest is that it will cost nothing.

E :P  

steve

June event
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 09:53:17 PM »
Hi Eamonn.
 The answer is no. The club get a freebie every now an then, its as good a time as any. The log cabins ( For the Posh camper) are £30stg a night but campin is free. there is toilets an showers on site. Plus, we can use the Bog too. We heald a trail up there last year and had a few prizes from BLRC an stuff. Was good craic.
 As i say, its up til you. The place is there if you want it.

Offline LandyLiam

• Regular Guest
  • Liam Smyth www.team-blrc.co.uk
    • Team BLRC
June event
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »
yep, last year at todds leap was great crack, anyone find my diff guard yet???

dirtyDSII

June event
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:24:25 AM »
Steve/Eamonn,

I'd support a challenge event in todds leap. Might be a change of scene, and theres a chance for a trip to coillte earlier in the month too.

lets see what the consensus is.

des

Offline Fiddler

• Regular Guest
  • '05 Freelander,'87 Def 90,'83 Series III, 06 Disco
June event
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 04:11:22 PM »
Long drive but I'm game for Todd's Leap if it's on.

More changes being made to Tigger which will not be complete til then and therefore it'll be the next day out for me !!!!!  
Let there be you, let there be me,
Let there be 90's pulling the LR3,
Let there be Freelanders, Range-Rover's & love,
But first of all pleaseeeee.. let there be mud.... MMMM

Eamonn Mooney

June event
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 06:05:54 PM »
Where exactly is Todd's Leap?

Now that you have clarified the (low) costs I think it would be a very good idea and I am all for it. The general concensus (of four members) is positive so, with a little more feeback, I think we have a runner. I will have to organise a mail shot to let everyone know but it would be worth it.

Thanks Steve.

E B)  

goodman

June event
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 06:10:21 PM »
Go for it. We are about to post the news letter, so we can add a slip with the two June events  

steve

June event
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »
Now Now Eamonn,
Take a look at your members map. Im the little dot at the very top, way North! :ph34r:
 Take a look at the new site www.toddsleap.com. It has some nwe photos up but is still not finished. Lots of work going on. :lol:

(P.S Liam,is that what jammed the turff cutter!!!!! :lol:  :lol: )
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 11:31:18 PM by steve »

Offline Fiddler

• Regular Guest
  • '05 Freelander,'87 Def 90,'83 Series III, 06 Disco
June event
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 10:43:35 AM »
Guys,

I was thinking (no... I'm not gone pale )... If we go to Todds Leap, I was just on their web-site, wouldn't a challenge of another sort be fun.. a sort of all-rounder competition...

they have an assult course, a rifle-range and clay-pigeon shooting... I wouldn't hit the broad-side of a barn but I'm up for the laugh... :D

Any thoughts ?????

Any yes, we all know that Willie will win, but I'm sure we could come up with some type of a distracton for him, to level the playing-field so to speak.   ;)

By the way , how far is Tyrone, time-wise, from Dublin ?  :blink:  :blink:  
Let there be you, let there be me,
Let there be 90's pulling the LR3,
Let there be Freelanders, Range-Rover's & love,
But first of all pleaseeeee.. let there be mud.... MMMM

Offline LandyLiam

• Regular Guest
  • Liam Smyth www.team-blrc.co.uk
    • Team BLRC
June event
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »
hey steve, you're not king of ireland anymore, someone up in derry is at the top of the map now  :P

as for the turf cutter... sorry  :unsure:  

Garry

June event
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 12:51:17 PM »
Yes  Liam and Steve I am the king of Ireland. Haven't been to any events yet but  hope to get to todds leap, been there before ,good craic  :P    

steve

June event
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 10:29:03 PM »
What can i Say. Does a mobile in Fannad Head at the very top of Donegal count!!!! Any more north an you gonna need one hell of a snorkal :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
 And to Fiddler. You for get, i know Willies down fall. Could put him off target very easy. Just get him to aim at a differnt kind of Dear! ( we still have photos from the bikers rally :ph34r: )
 Leave it til me, I can sort out a few things to do. Just how long are you wanting to play, two days or one? If most of you came up on the Saturday afternoon we could have a bit of Craic, BBQ's,Pond, assault course, beer ect.
 Trow around a few ideas an i will take it from there. B)
 Regards Steve :D

(o an Fiddler, Todds leap is about Two hours in a landy from Dublin. ;) )
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 10:31:57 PM by steve »